07 March 2012

Scottish Country Dancing

Yesterday (Tuesday, March 7th) Hannah (my host sister) and I went to dinner at our host parents house.  Then we headed off to our first Scottish Country Dancing event.  Oh jeez was it interesting.  First off it was me and Hannah and a bunch of very nice grandparents....luckily there was another exchange student brought along with her host mom, she is from Spain.  So the three of us quickly learned the steps and attempted to dance the dances.  I felt like every time I finally understood what was happening the dance was over! Then after an hour and a half of dancing (seriously these people even had specific shoes!) we were exhausted.  We gave our new friend Blanca our emails, our host moms made plans for the 3 of us (like 5 year olds on a play-date...haha) and off we went back to find our host dad to drive us back to the house.  So Scottish Country Dancing....very interesting. Next week we are trying a different type of dancing although I haven't a clue what it is called except that it is a faster type and is not the 2 types we have learned before.  Alright that is all for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment