29 March 2012

Endless Countryside

Ireland. Well that's a crazy thought.  Yep I had an interesting and crazy time in Ireland.  In fact it will be easier for me if I write to you almost exactly what I have in my journal (with a few censoring things - you will soon enough understand why.

22-March:  
Woke up crazy early and went to the airport, the security was just funny, one girl was struggling....another had a butter knife in her backpack.....8am flight to Dublin.  Arrived in Dublin at 9am, took a giant green bus to Paddy's Palace, which is a crazy name for a hostel if you ask me!  And then couldn't check in until 1pm so we wandered the streets of Dublin, found a bagel shop for lunch.  Walked O'Connor bridge road, saw the beautiful Trinity College, visited LOTS of candy shops, and walked more and more streets. Finally checked in at the hostel and took a much needed power nap.  Went to buy bus passes that would be needed for the rest of the trip.  Went to the best museum ever, the LEPRECHAUN MUSEUM!  Visited O'sheas for dinner, planned some other activities for the rest of the time.  I ate fish & chips and tried a classic Iris drink, Bulmers Cider, delicious.

Trinity College

Leprechaun Museum (I got shrunk!)

Giant Stone

Making Sandwiches
23-March:
6:30am wake-up, shower, breakfast at hostel.
8am bus to Cork, explored Cork a bit...kind of boring.  Bus to Blarney: visit Blarney Castle, kissed the Blarney Stone twice...which was not so good because I seem to lose my luck when later that day we were exploring the grounds and Erin thought it would be a fun picture of us jumping out of the tree...well I landed bad and hurt my ankle and broke a couple ribs booo! But it's okay it didn't stop me from the rest of my trip.  Next we made our way to Killarney, checked in the hostel, had dinner at Corkey's Pub.  At this pub I had the BEST BURGER, seriously I will never forget this burger for the rest of my life, it was amazing!

Kissing the Blarney Stone

The tree I will soon jump out of
24-March:
Today was a day spent in the Cliff's of Moher.  They were stunning and well worth the trip.   Then we explored Limerick where Frank McCort's book Angelas Ashes was set.  Headed back to Killarney and went out to the Killarney Grand.
Cliffs of Moher


25-March:
Started the day just wonderful, traveled through the stunning and breath taking Irish Countryside stopped in Limerick for lunch... Then later that evening we arrived at the airport, checked in as usual...and then went to security.  Here is what my journal says  #@$$%#%%^#%$^#$$$##$$%*%^#$#$%##@%!!!!  Yep the girl who booked our tickets, booked the wrong day back, now we were basically screwed for the rest of our spring break because we need to be in Edinburgh by 9am the next day.  and it would cost 250 euros for a different flight.  So we made our way back to Paddy's Palace and tried not to yell at anyone seeing as the person who messed up wasn't even with us she was off doing who knows what.  So we arrived at paddy's palace.  Room 11, a 10 bed mixed dorm.  It was completely dark when we entered and discovered that our roommates were ALL in bed AND only top bunks were open oh jeez, I was weirded out.  So there it went the rest of the night we made do with what we had to.  

26-March:
Yep, still in Dublin (can you tell I am still upset by this?).  We found the Ginger Twins at breakfast and made plans to hang out with them all day.  We went to the post office and saw the holes from the raid years ago.  Spent most of the day at St. Steven's Green (a park).  It was beautiful out, sunny and in the 60's I even got a tan!  I got Nutella Gelato!  Yum!  Even if we didn't want to still be in Ireland cause it meant missing our trip to the Isle of Skye at least it was warm and nice out.    

Picnic in the Park

Gelato! 

No comments:

Post a Comment