20 March 2012

Dalkeith Life

It has come to my attention that I really don't post about my typical days here at Dalkeith Palace, so I figured I should enlighten all of you at what actually happens on a day-to-day basis.  First today is a Tuesday, so I have class at 8am.  This means having my alarm set for 7am....those who know me, know I am not a morning person, especially without coffee.  So that is where my day began.  My alarm went off and I hit the snooze and rolled over in bed.  Then I decided my usual 7am shower could wait until after class, so I reset my clock for 7:30 (I know an extra 30 minutes!).  Finally I got up at 7:30am all 4 of my roommates were still sound asleep and the room was very dark (even though 3 of them have class at 8 as well). I made my way to the bathroom conveniently located 2 doors to the left from my room.  As I entered I squinted my eyes in pain as the lights were much brighter than my dark room.  I then brushed my teeth and washed my face attempted to find an open toilet, but of course with none open I had to go downstairs to find one.  Then I went back to my room to find 1 of my roommates awake, got dressed and made my way to breakfast.  I had a bowl of rice crispies and an apple.  I had Creative Writing but nothing exciting happened today, in fact I had to try my hardest not to fall asleep.  Next I had my midterm for Environmental Biology.  It was fine, I didn't have any problems that I found with it!   After that it was time for lunch, some sort of weird potato and hash mash thing.  It was not good at all.  After lunch I had lots of time since I get done with class at 11:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So I went to Lidls (Little's) and got some groceries for Spring Break since I need to pick up a few things.  After that I went on a walk with Gabrielle and Erin.  We fed the horses apples, raced sticks off the bridge, played on the tire swing, and went down the giant slides.  After that I had a delicious dinner (rare to find here) of chicken Kiev, potatoes, and tomatoes.  And now here I am posting about what happened today.         
Tire Swing 

Clide and Clide Jr

I made breakfast Saturday

My hammock on the first beautiful day

No comments:

Post a Comment