08 May 2012

Haggis, Neeps, and Tatties

Tonight we had a traditional Scottish meal for dinner at the Palace, well it occurred to me that I have never posted about any of the Scottish foods.  I can honestly say that I miss American food, not the crappy fast food, but simple tastefully done dishes.  However to explain what the food is like here.  Well first the seafood is delicious, the other stuff, eh it's alright.  So tonight I had a traditional Scottish delicacy or not so delicate.  It's called Haggis.  Well Haggis is the innerds of lamb, cooked in the sheep's stomach.  It tastes best with Neeps (mashed turnips) and Tatties (Mashed Potatoes).  It is actually good, if prepared correctly.  Another dish is Scottish Pie, which is a meat pie...enough said.  Another dish is called Shepard's Pie is a mix of meat and vegetables topped with mashed potatoes then baked.  These are just a few of interesting and unique Scottish dishes.        

No comments:

Post a Comment